Monday, February 2, 2009

I Have a 5-Year-Old!



AJ turned 5 today. I've taken some time to reflect on these past 5 amazing years as AJ's mommy. AJ was born just past midnight, on his due date, in the middle of a snowstorm. He often asks me to tell him the story of when he used to be in my tummy. Of all my boys, he was definitely the most active in-utero. And his personality has proven the same! He is always on the go, and I think we'll get him on a soccer team as soon as he's old enough.

I love AJ's zeal for life. His smile is contagious, he seeks out adventure, and his imagination has no bounds. He has a tender side, and is compassionate towards his brothers (when he's not pounding on them). He's been known to defend them when they're being disciplined and loves to give them big bear hugs. He is my pride & joy, and I thank God every day for the honor of being his mom. I cherish the sticky kisses, the big hugs every morning, the cute things he says, his curiosity about life, and the way I see God's unique mark on him.

Every parent of older children I talk to says that time will start to fly once your kid turns 5. I can't wait to see the potential in my son be fulfilled. My prayer is that he will grow to be a strong man of God, a seeker of justice, with a compassionate heart and an inner joy that can never be squelched. I love you, my sweet AJ. Happy birthday!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday AJ! Wow, Sara it seems like just yesterday he was born. :)

Meg said...

Happy Birthday dear AJ! Love from the Axe's

Kari Smith said...

AJ is a gift to so many and I am excited too to see what God has in store for this precious crazy active boy!

Judy said...

What a wonderful description of AJ! We are so blessed to have him for a grandson. You and Lawrence are awesome parents. We are so proud of you!