Saturday, January 10, 2009

Moving Today!


Today's the big day! It's pretty amazing to me that just over 2 short months ago we were settled into our St. Paul home, not expecting to move for several more months. Then we got the surprising call from our buyer and had 3 weeks to move out. With most of our belongings in storage, we've been bunking with my in-laws since Thanksgiving. It has been such a positive experience living here, and I'm grateful for the peace & love that fills this home. We have a "damage deposit" for all of my in-laws' belongings that are in worse condition than when we arrived, but they have been very gracious, tolerant, and patient with all of us. Thank you, A-ma and A-gong!

Our new home is within walking distance of Lawrence's parents, in west Bloomington. A-ma is a wonderful "cooker" as AJ would say. I joked with Lawrence that he'll be tempted to stop over here on his way home from work to eat her food before coming home to mine. :-)

So Lawrence is returning to his roots. I was initially unsure if this was the area I'd want to settle in, but after living out here for a month I'm convinced! I'm thankful for the little details like hockey wallpaper in the boys' room and a fabulous climbing tree in the back yard. The boys are excited too. I tried to take a picture of them yesterday as they checked out the house for the first time, but they were running so fast I couldn't get them to stand still! More pictures to come later.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Your house looks wonderful! Yes, once your life gets settled in, we'll have to get together for a play date! Enjoy getting to know your new place! :)

Kari Smith said...

Yeah for beginning to get moved in! I can't wait to come and see it!