
My Mothers Day gift this year was a weekend trip to Chicago with my good friend, Sara. We attended a reunion at North Park University for students who had gone on South Africa tours over the years. Even though my tour was in 1996, the lessons I learned impacted me so profoundly that even now, 12 years later, I often find myself reflecting on the experience. My eyes were opened to the terrible injustices of apartheid, and I came home to America with a new lens to view the world. I'm so grateful to have had that experience. I am forever changed.
On a lighter note, the rest of my weekend was filled with reminiscing and good 'ol girl fun! I got to spend some quality time with Greta, my future sis-in-law. And I got to see Wicked with my dear friend Michele and her family, topped off by some amazing Giordano's pizza, a stroll downtown Chicago, and coffee at one of my favorite coffee shops.
God has blessed me with some amazing friendships......that have stood the test of time. And although I missed my boys on Mothers Day, I came home refreshed and grateful for the many phases of my life's journey.
1 comment:
What a fun weekend. You'll have to tell me about Wicked. I didn't know you went to South Africa.
Post a Comment