Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweden Trip

Three months after taking this amazing trip to Sweden, I am FINALLY taking some time to post some of my pictures and reflections. Dad was born in Sweden in 1944 and immigrated to the US in 1952. It has been one of his lifelong dreams to bring his kids to see the homeland. Leaving our husbands and children behind, we embarked on this journey. Mom & Dad spent 3 weeks there. The first half was spent with Brian & Greta, then a week end overlap in Stockholm with all six of us, then Erica & I were there for the last 10 days. I will forever cherish this time with my immediate family. What a gift and a blessing.
The first trip I've taken with my sis as adults. We were great traveling companions! Here's the hotel we stayed in just outside of Stockholm (Saltsjobad). This place was so elegant.....we felt like royalty!
Dad and me in the train station.
So fun hanging out in the beautiful city of Stockholm!
Rorvik, the town my dad spent the first 8 years of his life. My dad's childhood home in Rorvik.
Eva Spangberg ("preacher in the wood"). Aunt Lillian and Dad next to their grandparents' graves.
Taking in the beauty......

No comments: