Now that AJ is in kindergarten, we really miss the lazy days at home, just playing in our pj's all morning. Last Thursday he had a day off and we did just that. One of AJ's favorite things to do is play school. He has adjusted to the role of "smartie" (as his teacher calls the kids) amazingly. He writes messages on our white board using "brave spelling." The teacher in me is so thrilled to watch him learn how to read & write. We attended our first ever parent-teacher conference last week and it was very interesting sitting on the other side of the table. I miss the classroom, but I absolutely love the privilege of being my boys' first teacher.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Day Off
Now that AJ is in kindergarten, we really miss the lazy days at home, just playing in our pj's all morning. Last Thursday he had a day off and we did just that. One of AJ's favorite things to do is play school. He has adjusted to the role of "smartie" (as his teacher calls the kids) amazingly. He writes messages on our white board using "brave spelling." The teacher in me is so thrilled to watch him learn how to read & write. We attended our first ever parent-teacher conference last week and it was very interesting sitting on the other side of the table. I miss the classroom, but I absolutely love the privilege of being my boys' first teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it! He is doing great with sound spelling!
Post a Comment