


November was crazy! We had two episodes of sickness, first ear infections and croup, and then the stomach flu a couple weeks later. Thankfully we were healthy when we needed to be. Our good friends from Illinois visited us this month. The boys had a blast playing with Tor, Bruce and Alice. We went to the Children's Museum, MOA, and of course had fun swimming at the hotel. I also enjoyed a visit from a friend who I haven't seen in 10 years. She lives in NC.....I'm trying to convince her that she should move to MN. She's turned off by the cold. Good thing she's not here today.....it's freezing!!!
I did some teaching at Crossroads Elementary School (a year-round school in St. Paul). I had a wonderful group of 3rd graders (only 17 of them!) for a week and a half during the school's Intercession. They have 3 of these during the year, and it's a perfect opportunity for me to keep my skills sharp doing something I love. The boys were troopers, being taken care of several people. Thanks to our amazing support system!
We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Rochester. There were 18 of us, and Lawrence did most of the cooking. He made a fabulous 25-pound turkey.....guess who'll never cook a Thanksgiving meal again? :-)
November also marked the first preview service for Living Stones Covenant Church! We're part of an exciting church plant in South Minneapolis (meeting at South High School). Check out the blog....next service is Dec. 16. http://www.livingstonescov.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment